- Radial neodymium motor structure.
- Vented cast aluminium chassis for improved thermal control of voice coil.
- Forced air cooling vented voice coil gap.
- Aluminium demodulation ring.
- Dual spider configuration with silicone based damping control.
- 5" High temperature copper voice coil.
- Triple-roll surround straight cone geometry.
- For sub bass applications in bass reflex / horn loaded enclosures.
The PD.185NR1 is ideally suited to applications where high power handling, long excursion and perfect linearity is required. Ideal for bass reflex design cabinets. The robust mechanical design and construction makes this unit an ideal choice for fixed or touring applications. The optimised radial neodymium motor system allows more efficient management of the magnetic flux, forced air venting and rear aluminium base plate keeps the motors temperature under control and reduced power compression to a minimum. The unit features a 5-inch, high temperature, copper voice coil capable of handling 1400W (AES) the PD.185NR1 exhibits an average sensitivity of 96dB across its working band.
* Half space response measured in a 950 Litre sealed enclosure.
*1 Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
** Distortion is measured at 10% of the rated power (AES Standard).
1. AES Standard (35 to 350 Hz) Program 1000 Watts.
2. AES Recommended Practice.
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 1000 Watt preconditioning period.
Please note that frequency response measurements are supplied for comparison purposes only and are not a measure of the low frequency performance which may be achievable in a fully optimised system.
- GO BACK