- High performance sub bass driver.
- Heavy-duty cast aluminium chassis for increased rigidity.
- Double suspension system.
- B/L in excess of 29 T/m.
- Effective and versatile transducer in a variety of applications.
- Suitable for horn loaded or reflex designs.
- Well suited for use with PD 1" and 2" compression drivers.
In addition to research and development of new products, Precision Devices are constantly using the latest technology to investigate ways of further optimising and enhancing existing products to extract the best possible performance. Further to that end, it is with great pleasure that we present the PD.188/2 Sub Bass driver.
An Upgrade of the popular PD.188, the new MkII model is constructed on our latest high-strength, 18-inch chassis design and also offers visual refinements to the high-efficiency motor system.
Optimised during the design stage using the Klippel® KA3 analyser system and verified by further listening tests ensuresTSP parameters and acoustic performance remain faithful to that of the original PD.188. Careful consideration has also been given to the PD.188/2 recone kit so that it may be used as a like-for-like replacement in both MkII and any existing MkI models.
Designed to provide superlative performance when used in either a horn-loaded or reflex enclosure where fast accurate lows are demanded. A prefect choice for upgrade or replacement situations where the capability of the PD.188/2 to drop-in and provide outstanding bass response makes it a versatile, popular and highly effective unit. Well suited for use with Precision Devices mid-range and compression drivers to produce the ultimate PD sound experience.
* Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
1. A.E.S. Standard (40 to 400 Hz). Program 1200 Watts.
2. A.E.S. Recommended Practice.
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 600 Watt A.E.S. preconditioning period.
4. 2.83 V. Half space response measured in a 208 Litre vented enclosure.
Please note that frequency response measurements are supplied for comparison purposes only and are not a measure of the low frequency performance which may be achievable in a fully optimised system.
- GO BACK